Equine Eye Vets Veterinary Eye Care for Horses
Many websites exist which provide quality information about eye diseases in animals and humans. We have provided links to sites which we find most valuable.
The links below provides considerable information for veterinarians and pet owners about veterinary ophthalmology and ophthalmologists. Contact information for ophthalmologists in Texas and the rest of the United States can be found on the ACVO site.
Veterinary Ophthalmology Links
• The American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ACVO) official site. The ACVO is the organization in the USA which certifies veterinary ophthalmologists. The directory provides the location of ACVO certified veterinary ophthalmologists worldwide.
• The International Equine Ophthalmology Consortium is an organization with a worldwide membership of veterinary ophthalmologists with a special interest in eye diseases in horses.
• The European College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ECVO) is the European organization which certifies veterinary ophthalmologists. • Veterinary Ophthalmology is the premier journal dedicated to publishing information about the eye and eye diseases in animals General Veterinary Medicine Links
• Eye Care for Animals is a national group of specialty practices with ACVO board certified ophthalmologists located in 26 cities throughout the USA providing state of the art care for eye diseases in all species including horses.
• Veterinary Ophthalmology is the premier journal dedicated to publishing information about the eye and eye diseases in animals
General Veterinary Medicine Links
• American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) , established in 1863, is the largest US not-for-profit association representing more than 73,000 veterinarians. The AVMA is the authorized voice for the profession in presenting its views to government, academia, agriculture, pet owners, the media, and other concerned parties. The AVMA publishes the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association and the American Journal of Veterinary Research
• American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is association of veterinarians involved in the treatment of companion animals or pets. The AAHA publishes the Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association and establishes standards for veterinary hospitals.
• Veterinary Information Network (VIN), Inc is an on line network for veterinarians – providing forums for discussion and on line continuing education.
General Ophthalmology Links
• American Academy of Ophthalmology is the largest national membership association of Eye M.D.s. Eye M.D.s are ophthalmologists, medical doctors who provide comprehensive eye care for people, including medical, surgical and optical care. The Academy has more than 7,000 international members. The mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology is to advance the lifelong learning and professional interests of ophthalmologists to ensure that the public can obtain the best possible eye care.
• Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging and Cytology, PC (VDIC) is a group of specialists providing the highest quality veterinary radiology, ultrasound, cytology and telemedicine consultation services available today
• American Telemedicine Association is the largest organization representing consumers and health professionals via telecommunications technology. Membership is open to all interesting in promoting telemedicine.
Specialty Practice Links
• Anesthesia for Animals is a specialty service providing anesthesia and pain management for animals. Equine Eye Vets regularly uses this service to ensure safe anesthesia for our equine patients.